Successful people of all ages help others. They do their part to make the world a better place. One way to practice kindness and generosity is through volunteerism.
These are my 10 favorite quotes about volunteerism or volunteering. I hope you like them as much as I do.
- I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
- “Give help rather than advice.”
Luc de Vauvenargues
- Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another.
- I was taught that the world had a lot of problems; that I could struggle and change them; that intellectual and material gifts brought the privilege and responsibility of sharing with others less fortunate; and that service is the rent each of us pays for living, the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time or after you have reached your personal goals.
Marian Wright Edelman
- It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Volunteering can be an exciting, growing, enjoyable experience. It is truly gratifying to serve a cause, practice one’s ideals, work with people, solve problems, see benefits, and know one had a hand in them.
- “When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.”
- “There is one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one’s life – reciprocity.”
- “Never doubt that a small group of commited people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.