Did you know these 10 interesting Internet facts? (At least they are facts now, in 2011. As the Internet continues to grow, these facts will soon be history.)
- Facebook has more than 800 million users.
- The average Facebook user spends 17 1/2 hours per month on the social networking site.
- Facebook is available in more than 70 languages and more than 75% of users are outside the United States (but not in China where it is blocked).
- 35 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 89% of all emails are spam.
- The person with the most Twitter followers is Lady Gaga.
- The world’s best broadband quality is in South Korea.
- Women spend more time online, but men own more smartphones.
- Hulu is watched twice as much as the TV networks.
- 11% of Internet users over 30 maintain a blog, and there are more than 152 million blogs.
These facts, and many more, are contained in a fascinating infographic called “The State of the Internet 2011” which was created by OnlineSchools.org.
Plan on spending at least 5 or 10 minutes exploring the infographic. It’s chock full of fun facts and click through possibilities.
(To view the infographic, click the play button here and then click again on the OnlineSchool site.)
Created by: www.onlineschools.org