Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly In Flight – By Phil Santa Maria
I am more action oriented than philosophical. I think.
For fun (and to come up with a blog post since it has been too long since the last one), I gave myself an assignment: explain why I take pictures.
Taking pictures is a hobby for me. I don’t do it as often as I would like, or as often as I should to get better. But I enjoy making pictures very much.
Here’s the best I can do. I think my reasons for taking pictures are somewhere in this off-the-top-of-my-head list.
I take pictures . . .
- TO create
- TO document
- TO remember
- TO inspire
- TO express myself
- TO capture beauty or “interesting”
- TO communicate
- TO save thousands of words
- TO prove I was here
- TO create a legacy
- TO connect
- TO see the world objectively
- TO freeze a moment in time
- TO capture and preserve emotions
- TO get a reaction
- TO get recognition
- TO learn a skill
- TO be artistic without being able to draw
- TO challenge myself
- TO tell stories
- TO expose (that reminds me. Have you seen my post about puns?)
- TO share
- TO elicit a feeling
- TO celebrate
- TO compete
- TO give
- TO have fun!
There you have it. My list of the top
25 26 27 reasons I take pictures.
How about you? Why do you take picture? Hit me up in the comments.